About Courses of Distinction (COD’s)
The tremendous creative work and talent that goes into offering an eLearning course will be honored at the annual Massachusetts Colleges Online Conference on eLearning: Sharing Best Practices.
The Course of Distinction, COD awards, are a way to recognize faculty who deliver out standing pedagogical practices to engage and enhance students learning.
Each MCO institution may nominate up to 4 courses.
– 2 from Category 1- Course Delivery Method
– 2 from Category 2 “Innovative Features”
Category 1- Course Delivery Method (nominate up to 2)
A course that demonstrates outstanding faculty innovation and course practices from the following course delivery categories
Category 2- Innovative Features Category Type (nominate up to 2)
Special Topic 1- Open Education Award
Special Topic 2- Tech Wizard Award
Special Topic 3- Video Innovator Award
Special Topic 4- Universal Design, Inclusivity, and Accessibility
Special Topic 5- CoP Award
Detailed descriptions/guidelines of each award can be found below
View the Campus COD Awards and Video Presentation Gallery Below:
COD Nomination and Submission Process:
Award Info and Recognition
The nominated courses will be recognized with a MCO Course of Distinction (COD) award
named after the Bay State’s unique association with the
Recipients will receive a Certificate of Recognition, a Badge/Credential for their
achievement and will be recognized at the MCO Annual Conference, and a COD Video Presentation Gallery of these courses and innovative practices will be available during and after the conference.
Among the purposes of the MCO Courses of Distinction awards are to
- Encourage faculty to incorporate successful strategies/techniques/and high impact practices into their online courses promoting student engagement and success.
- Showcase the Faculty COD Winner’s their courses and innovative features at the video presentation gallery at the Annual Conference, in the program, and allowing the attendees to view the courses during the conference or after.
- Serve as an excellent public relations opportunity for the nominating institutions, the faculty, and MCO to publicize the quality of online courses, their innovative features, and commitment to student success.
COD Winners Video Course Tours
COD Chair 2022
Roxanne McCorry (COD Chair)
Middlesex Community College
Director of Academic Technology & Digital Learning
591 Springs Road
Bedford, MA 01730-1197